Wednesday, January 6, 2016

One of the Events at the end of the Year

To my family, pounding steamed rice into the dough used for rice cakes is one the event at the end of the year. We go to grandmother's house every year to do it together.

This year, my mother and I went to grandmother's house in December 28th. At the morning, my grandmother prepared for it before we arrived. She always uses a machine for pounding steamed rice into the dough used for rice cake. So, our work is tearing off rice cake and rounding it. After we arrived, we started it soon. My grandmother was a role tearing off the rice cake. My mother and I were roles rounding it. Speed is important to both works. If you do these works slowly, the surface of rice cakes would be hard and become bad appearance. So, we rounded it quickly as possible. Also, we made some bean paste rice cakes together.  A rice cake put in front of the household Shinto altar, some of it put on the desk and car and some of it are eaten. 


These are the progress of the works!

After we finished and saw the rice cakes, I had a soft spot in my heart for it. The brand-new rice cakes were soft and delicious. I like rice cakes very much, so I ate it a lot. One of my friends likes rice cakes too, so I brought it to her house at the day. For the time being, our lunch will be rice cakes.


[249/8321 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment