Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Maiden in the service of a Shrine

From December 31st (2015) to January 3rd (2016), I had a part-time job of a maiden in the service of a shrine at Tamana. I went part-time job with my one of local friends. I had ever had one part-time job. It was also limited one. Because I don't have regular part-time job and I want to part-time job of a maiden in the service of a shrine, I decided to do it.

At December 31st, I went the temple at 8 at night. At there, I changed into hakama. And then, we took our place and be taught how to do the job. Around 12 o'clock, a lot of people gathered the temple to go to worship. From 12 to 2 o'clock, many people came. At 2 or 3, I finished my first work. After finishing, we ate buckwheat noodles eaten on New Year'd Eve together. Because I and my friend decided to stay the temple for 4 days, we slept at the temple.

The next day (January 1st), we got up at seven. We ate breakfast, dressed myself and changed into hakama. Before 9, we took our place and the work started at 9 o'clock. At the middle of the time, we had a lunch time. And started working again. It continued around 5. From January 1st to January 3rd, we did that.

As we take a breakfast and dinner, we ate it with the temple's Buddhist priests. We talked with them a lot. Their taking was enjoyable. So, we had a fun a lot.

The part-time job was not severe. But, it became good experience for me. If I have a chance to go to temple, I want to talk with the Buddhist priest.


[287/13561 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment