Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review1: Glee


This time, I watched the 1st episode of Glee. I was interested in this drama, but I have never watched it yet. Also, I like music and musical movie, so I decided to try watching Glee. 

Glee is a musical comedy drama. This story’s stage is the glee club “New Directions!” of William McKinley high school. One of the main characters (Glee 1st episode) is Will Schuester who becomes the adviser of the club. He struggles for getting back the past glory of the club, but other teachers do not cooperate with him. Only five members join the club at first. They are Rachel Berry, Mercedes Jones, Tina Cohen-Chang, Kurt Hummel and Artie Abrams. They joined it because they want to be superior to the others in singing. However, few people are interested in joining, and everything isn’t going well. So, Will somehow gets Finn who belongs to football club to join glee club. The other glee club members are surprised when they listen to his singing. The club starts to get off the ground. Although Will tried quitting his job because of his problems with his wife without fulfilling his ambition in the middle of the story, thanks to advice of his colleague and the club members’ motivation, he decided to continue to serve as an adviser of the club. After that, their story is started. 

In this drama, at first, some teachers treated glee club cruelly. I felt bad. Although in this situation, Will Schuester never gave up. So, the club members go along with him. Their efforts are their youth, I thought. I would like to join this club and spend my high school life together. A regrettable thing is that Cory Allan Monteith who played Finn Hudson died. The news filled me with great sorrow.  


[300/2585 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment