Thursday, April 10, 2014

Essay 1-01a: Letter to My Host Family


Dear host family,
    
I am Satoko. Please call me Satoko. I’m a sophomore of KGU. I’m from Japan and my hometown is Ohzu town of Kumamoto in Kyushu. My hometown is famous for sweet potatoes and HONDA which is a famous Japanese motorcycle and car maker. Furthermore, there are so many people of real warmth, so I like my hometown. I hope you will come to my hometown once. I want to know about thee place where you live. Please tell me various things about that.

After that, this is aspects of my life. I like eating but I don’t like seafood dishes so much. I’m might not be able to eat them up completely but I will try to eat all as much as possible. I like music very much too especially Japanese rock music. I want to know the music that you listen to. If you like music, please tell me about that. I’m glad if you like music.

It is hard for me to wake up in the mourning especially in the winter season because it is very cold in winter, so I don’t want to move around. Also, I’m often told I am easygoing, so I do my work in my way. Although I would like to spend a lot time with you, my host family, I want to make time for myself in a day too. My weak point is dealing with people especially with communication. I think I am shy and introverted. Because of that, if I go on a homestay, I am anxious to fix my attitude. I want to be a more sociable person.

Finally, I have plans when I go there. I hope to visit a lot of sightseeing spots and areas. Which sightseeing area would you recommend? I hope you can take me there. I want to eat delicious foods such as local foods there. Please tell me your recommended dishes. What’s more, as mentioned above, I hope to fix my attitude. For that, I will try to join as many various events as possible. I would like to interact a lot. Moreover, I will treasure you my host family.



From Satoko

                                                                                               [362 words]

14 comments:

  1. It's nice letter! Your famous things are interesting. I can know your personality very well. which do you like motorcycle and car in HONDA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I like car more than motorcycle because I can't ride motorcycle.

      Delete
  2. Hi Satoko! I wish you could get up early in winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yuka! I wish it become warmer in winter! I like futon especially in winter.

      Delete
  3. I think it is a good point that you have an explanation of your hometown.
    What do you like to do in your free time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haruka! I like shopping and listening to music in free time. I want to go out somewhere with you!

      Delete
  4. I'd like to listen to your playing the guitar. Which singer do you especially like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I especially like chatmonchy. I'm glad if you listen to their songs!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that Kumamoto is famous for HONADA!
    Thank you for your information. Who is you favorite rock musician?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I like chatmonchy the best. Of course, I like flumpool too! Please listen to their music.

      Delete
  6. It's a very interesting letter! I was surprise about your hometown and your hobbies. Who is your favorite rock musician?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I like chatmonchy the best. Please listen to the band's songs if you interested in.

      Delete
  7. Your blog is very nice, because it could know about you. What is your favorite artists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. My favorite band is chatmonchy. It is girl's band. I'm glad if you know the band!

      Delete